Corner Details: Inside Corners
Standard blocks are easily modified to build inside corners. You will need a power saw with a masonry blade to make the necessary cuts (a good chisel will work too).
- Using your saw or chisel, remove the raised lip from one block, and the left third from another. Set them in place at the beginning of the base course.
- Locate the adjoining wall so that the raised lip on the modified block is lined up with the raised lips on the two blocks. Finish installing the entire base course in both directions
- Modify two more blocks, this time removing the right third of the raised lip from one of them, and use these blocks to start the second course.
- Continue the process to the top of the wall, alternating as you go.
- Cut caps at 45 degree angles to complete the inside corner.
Corner Details: Outside Corners
AB Corner Blocks come in right and left hand versions, and are all you need to make a perfect outside corner. Always build your walls by starting at the corners and working out.
- Set the first corner block in place and install the two perpendicular base courses. Level, backfill and compact.
- Place an alternating corner on the second course and set the entire second course of block in both directions. Level, backfill and compact again.
- Repeat as often as needed to the top of the wall.
- Use the AB Capstone for a perfect finish.